Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Ducky Appliqué Crochet Pattern - It's New!

This is starting to look like the year of the appliqué.  First there was the Folk Art Heart and now there's a Ducky.  Have I gone mad?  Or worse, have I gone cutie patootie?

I guess there's nothing else to do but own it.  Yes, I designed this little yellow ducky.  I didn't actually wake up one morning with the burning desire to design a duck.  During a recent visit, my mom asked me if I could make one.  She was working on a baby blanket that called for a row of ducks.  The way in which the ducks were to be knitted into the fabric was difficult and so my mother decided to hire a duck woman.  That's me.

 I've never been one to reinvent the wheel, so the first thing I did was jump on Pinterest.  I figured that there were probably some crocheted duckies out there, and though there were, none were quite right.  I was going for more of that classic rubber ducky shape.  After a few false starts, I put down my crochet hook and picked up a pencil.  Once I had a drawing I liked, the rest came easily.  Basically, if I can draw it, I can crochet it.  I guess that's my process.


If you find yourself in need of a Ducky Appliqué pattern, I am adding this one to the mix.  The yellow ducky was made using some of my own handspun, hand dyed yarn.  Then I mused that a brushed mohair ducky would be fairly adorable.  See, I have gone cutie patootie!  I will call him Fluffy.

No comments: